When: June 27, 2020 – August 8, 2020 (6 weeks)
The Summer Reading Program has ended, but prizes are still being awarded. If your child/children completed the reading requirement for the program, please contact the library at: firstname.lastname@example.org to request their reward!
- “Take and Go” to keep, sensory kits for our youngest readers
- “Take and Go” to keep, craft kits with 6 weekly crafts for children 3 – 11
- Free book for tweens and teens
- Contests with prizes!
- Two weekly online storytimes: Wed. @ 10:00 am Paste the Storytime link in your browser: meet.jit.si/missdawnstorytime and new virtual videos every Thursday here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmm-o2KBDlAcKrRxso9BFUA/
- Mystery Guest Readers every Friday, online @ 7:00 pm Paste this link in your browser: https://meet.jit.si/dflmysteryreader
- Science Tellers Zoom Event, Dragons, July 13, 2020 @ 6:30 pm
- Prizes for everyone who completes the program!
Requirements for end-of-program prizes:
- Ages 0 – 3: Share 25 days of reading (or 25 picture books)
- Ages 3 – 11: Share or read 30 days of reading (~15 – 20 minutes/day)
- Tweens and teens: Read 2 chapter books- Please visit the Teens Summer Reading Page
- Participants will keep track of the days or books they read by recording them on a provided paper log sheet, or by logging and recording on free NEW app for NH residents called Readsquared (paid by Governor Sununu).
If you missed the virtual show, Dragons: Return of the Ice Sorceress, or if you want to see it again, we have a recording that is similar to the live version. Just click here to access it: https://vimeo.com/434097655/b9aaf38870 There is a different host and no live polls, but same fascinating story and fun science experiments! Enjoy!
- Storytime and Craft Themes
Virtual Lapsitter Storytime for the under 3 crowd every Wednesday @ 10:00 am. Sing, dance, and listen to fun stories with Dawn, designed for the littlest ones! Sign up and receive a few sensory items to use each week during storytime!
Virtual Children’s Storytime for the 3- 10 crowd. Themes and craft projects listed below. Every Thursday @ 10:30 am. All six crafts will be available as a kit to be picked up at the library.
- July 2,2020 @ 10:30 am Fairies and Fairy Houses – make a fairy house for your fairy figurine, and enter it in an optional contest!
- July 9, 2020 @ 10:30 am Dragons! – make a colorful dragon
- July 16, 2020 @ 10:30 am Princesses and Princes – decorate your own crown
- July 23, 2020 @ 10:30 am Unicorns – color a unicorn slap bracelet
- July 30, 2020 @ 10:30 am Knights – decorate your own shield
- August 6, 2020 @ 10:30 am Fairy Tales — paint your own castle bank
How to Sign Up:
We are no longer accepting sign-ups. But please, feel free to enjoy and participate in all of the Summer Reading Program events, and storytimes!
How to Keep Track of Your Reading:
Keep track of your reading with this great program called Readsquared! Create an account and start reading! Access it here by typing this link in your browser: http://dunbar.readsquared.com or by clicking on the image below.
Made possible by the Friends of the Dunbar Free Library!
The state-wide READsquared subscription for New Hampshire public libraries is funded by the FY20 IMLS CARES Act grant, through the New Hampshire State Library.