When: June 27, 2020 – August 8, 2020 (6 weeks)
- “Take and Go” to keep, sensory kits for our youngest readers
- “Take and Go” to keep, craft kits with 6 weekly crafts for children 3 – 11
- Free book for tweens and teens
- Contests with prizes!
- Two weekly online storytimes: Wed. @ 10:00 am and Thurs. @ 10:30
- Mystery Guest Readers every Friday, online @ 7:00 pm
- Science Tellers Zoom Event, Dragons, July 13, 2020 @ 6:30 pm
- Prizes for everyone who completes the program!
Requirements for end-of-program prizes:
- Ages 0 – 3: Share 25 days of reading (or 25 picture books)
- Ages 3 – 11: Share or read 30 days of reading (~15 – 20 minutes/day)
- Tweens and teens: Read 2 chapter books- Please visit the Teens Summer Reading Page
- Participants will keep track of the days or books they read by recording them on a provided paper log sheet, or by logging and recording on free NEW app for NH residents called Readsquared (paid by Governor Sununu). More information coming soon!
Storytime and Craft Themes
Virtual Lapsitter Storytime for the under 3 crowd every Wednesday @ 10:00 am. Sing, dance, and listen to fun stories with Dawn, designed for the littlest ones! Sign up and receive a few sensory items to use each week during storytime!
Virtual Children’s Storytime for the 3- 10 crowd. Themes and craft projects listed below. Every Thursday @ 10:30 am. All six crafts will be available as a kit to be picked up at the library.
- July 2,2020 @ 10:30 am Fairies and Fairy Houses – make a fairy house for your fairy figurine, and enter it in an optional contest!
- July 9, 2020 @ 10:30 am Dragons! – make a colorful dragon
- July 16, 2020 @ 10:30 am Princesses and Princes – decorate your own crown
- July 23, 2020 @ 10:30 am Unicorns – color a unicorn slap bracelet
- July 30, 2020 @ 10:30 am Knights – decorate your own shield
- August 6, 2020 @ 10:30 am Fairy Tales — paint your own castle bank
How to Sign Up:
We are no longer accepting sign-ups. But please, feel free to enjoy and participate in all of the Summer Reading Program events, and storytimes!
How to Keep Track of Your Reading:
Keep track of your reading with this great program called Readsquared! Create an account and start reading! Access it here by typing this link in your browser: http://dunbar.readsquared.com or by clicking on the image below.
Made possible by the Friends of the Dunbar Free Library!
The state-wide READsquared subscription for New Hampshire public libraries is funded by the FY20 IMLS CARES Act grant, through the New Hampshire State Library.