PT Librarian Children’s/Programming Assistant (10-15 hrs) – Job Posting
We are looking for a bright and energetic children’s and programming library assistant for 10-15 hours / week: Wednesday evenings, Thursday mornings and alternate Saturdays.
Duties include but not limited to:
• Prepare lap-baby/toddler story time and prepare and present pre-school story time on a weekly basis;
• Plan, promote and present children and adult programs outside of weekly story time including the annual summer reading program (with theme and promotional materials provided);
• Development of children and young adult collections including reader advice to young patrons;
• Attending children’s library conferences;
• Other duties can include: working on circulation desk, managing volunteers, library procedures, maintaining promotional displays, updating website content and social media sites.
Qualifications: a college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred, comfort with computers essential, experience working with children is a necessity, desire to work with all ages of people extremely important. Must be able to push or pull carts, ability to get on the floor level with small children helpful, moderate amount of bending, lifting, and stretching involved.
Resumes and cover letter should be submitted via email or post to be received preferably by Monday, January 14, 2019.
Dunbar Free Library
P O Box 1580