WE ARE OPEN!
1. The Library building will be open to patrons all day, every day the library is open. No appointments required.
2. Curbside service will continue all day, every day the library is open. No appointments required.
3. Due to the layout of the library, the capacity inside the library will be limited to 12 patrons at any one time. We ask you to limit your visits to 30 minutes (except for programs) to allow others access to the collection.
4. Face masks are required inside the library for any individual age 3 and older. Hand sanitizing will be available.
5. The water fountains will remain closed and there will be one restroom available to patrons. As health conditions improve, the DFL trustees and staff will continue to review further ways to expand services. We are grateful for your patience and support and hope to see you soon.
This is how curbside service works:
(Curbside Delivery STILL Available – 863-2172)
- We will get in touch to inform you that your materials are on hold and confirm a day that is convenient for you.
- Materials will be placed outside the front door, in bags labeled with the cardholder’s initials and last two digits of the library card number (eg dh99), as well as the date of pickup, and the patron’s last name.
- If you are unable to pick up your items, or you forget, we will bring them back into the library. Please call us @ 863-2172 to reschedule a new pick up time.
We have books, magazines, audiobooks, dvds, puzzles, museum passes, and even a telescope you can borrow through our Curbside Service! If the items are new things we don’t own yet it may take longer, although there are some things in the building that aren’t showing in the catalog yet.
The Little Free Library at Rumbrook is now closed for the season.
We Have New Technology to Loan at the Dunbar Free Library!
Are you looking for a simple way to listen to audiobooks? Then try one of our NEW Audio devices that’s all set to go with just the push of a button! We have about 8 Playaway devices, a few Go Readers, and a Wonderbook! The Playaways and the Go Reader devices are perfect for listening in the car, running, or just lounging! Note: you will need a pair of headphones. If you don’t have your own, you can purchase a pair for $1 at the library!
Dawn is really behind on her lists of new books, however if you take the following three steps, you can access some of our lists.
1.) Click on the “Catalog” button (it’s up at the top of this website, first item in the green “Quick Links). If you are already logged in when you click there, click on the catalog tab.
2.) Click on the “resource lists” on the left hand side
3.) Keep scrolling down until you see “new”.
Book Giveaway! Drawing January 26th, 2022!
To enter, please call the library at 603-863-2172, or stop by the front desk and fill out an entry ticket!
Looking for a book we don’t have in our catalog? We may be able to get it for you…..
If you want to request something you DON’T find in our catalog, try searching the State Union Catalog: NHAIS – AGSHAREIT (see Quicklinks on the left). You can check to see if what you want is available anywhere in other NH public libraries. Most of the college libraries have to be searched for in different ways now. If you can’t find it, send us an e-mail with the title, author if available, format (book, DVD, CD), publishing date if you know it. If you have the time, tell us how you heard about it. We’ll call you when it’s in or to tell you that we can’t get it for you, usually the former.
Consider joining the Friends of the Dunbar Free Library!
Do You Enjoy Reading Magazines?
The entire magazine collection is NOW STILL available, and there are hundreds of new magazine titles courtesy of OverDrive in the Always Available format. The entire Magazine checkouts do not count against your three eBook/audiobook checkouts. Upcoming development from the vendor includes better organization of back issues to allow you to locate a particular issue. Until then, watch for new magazine collection development, search for a title, or ask your local librarian for assistance in finding a favorite title. If you enjoy digital magazines — especially the new issues with “Article View” formatting (in the Libby app only) — let your local librarians know! – https://nh.overdrive.com/media/5893038