(Curbside Delivery STILL Available – 863-2172)
OUR LATEST EXCITING NEWS!
Once again, the trustees and staff of the Dunbar Free Library are further extending services, effective Monday, July 26:
1. The Library building will be open to patrons all day, every day the library is open. No appointments required.
2. Curbside service will continue all day, every day the library is open. No appointments required.
3. Due to the layout of the library, the capacity inside the library will be limited to 10 patrons at any one time. We ask you to limit your visits to 30 minutes to allow others access to the collection.
4. As children under the age of 12 are not able to be vaccinated, face masks are required inside the library for any individual age 3 and older. Hand sanitizing will be available.
5. The water fountains will remain closed and there will be one restroom available to patrons. As health conditions improve, the DFL trustees and staff will continue to review further ways to expand services. We are grateful for your patience and support and hope to see you soon.
And Even More Good News!
The Little Free Library at Rumbrook Plaza is now open and stocked with books for children and adults. This is how it goes: Borrow a book, leave a book, or both (and you can borrow more than one, just remember to return what you took so others can enjoy, as well).
Sign-up for the Summer Reading Program
This summer’s theme is Tails and Tales and features amazing books, crafts, and programs about ANIMALS!
By filling out the form below, your child/children (ages 3-11) will receive a weekly craft kit and an end-of-program prize ($5 girt card to Morgan Hill Bookstore or $5 gift card to Dunkin Donuts) for completing the program! https://forms.gle/xck1UMniygxdjxAe6
For tweens and teens (12+) sign up here to request a free book and to reserve an end-of-program prize ($5 girt card to Morgan Hill Bookstore or $5 gift card to Dunkin Donuts)! Tweens and teens can also participate in Wednesday night activities from 6:30-8:00 at the library’s back patio! https://forms.gle/g5k6D7jeiS95tKsH9
Signing up will also keep you informed of our program events this summer too, such as our Squam Lakes event on June 26th at 2:00, our contests, storytimes, and our Simon Brooks storytelling program on August 7th at 1:00 pm.
We have books, magazines, audiobooks, dvds, puzzles, museum passes, and even a telescope you can borrow through our Curbside Service! If the items are new things we don’t own yet it may take longer, although there are some things in the building that aren’t showing in the catalog yet.
This is how curbside service works:
- We will get in touch to inform you that your materials are on hold and confirm a day that is convenient for you.
- Materials will be placed outside the front door, in bags labeled with the cardholder’s initials and last two digits of the library card number (eg dh99), as well as the date of pickup, and the patron’s last name.
- If you are unable to pick up your items, or you forget, we will bring them back into the library. Please call us @ 863-2172 to reschedule a new pick up time.
FAMILY BINGO Monday, July 26th at 6:30 PM
We Have New Technology to Loan at the Dunbar Free Library!
Are you looking for a simple way to listen to audiobooks? Then try one of our NEW Audio devices that’s all set to go with just the push of a button! We have about 8 Playaway devices, a few Go Readers, and a Wonderbook! The Playaways and the Go Reader devices are perfect for listening in the car, running, or just lounging! Note: you will need a pair of headphones. If you don’t have your own, you can purchase a pair for $1 at the library!
Dawn is really behind on her lists of new books, however if you take the following three steps, you can access some of our lists.
1.) Click on the “Catalog” button (it’s up at the top of this website, first item in the green “Quick Links). If you are already logged in when you click there, click on the catalog tab.
2.) Click on the “resource lists” on the left hand side
3.) Keep scrolling down until you see “new”.
The Dunbar Free Library has been closely monitoring the advice of health authorities at the city, state, and federal levels, as well as current guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding the current spread of COVID-19. We are committed to protecting the health and safety of our community.
Upcoming Events @ Your Library
Located in Rum Brook Plaza, 249 Route 10 North
This project was generously funded by the Friends of Dunbar Free Library and the Eastman Charitable Foundation. Participants of Eastman’s Youth Conservation Corp built the structure.
If you want to request something you DON’T find in our catalog, try searching the NH Union Public Access Catalog (see Quicklinks on the left). You can check to see if what you want is available anywhere in other NH public libraries. Most of the college libraries have to be searched for in different ways now. If you can’t find it, send us an e-mail with the title, author if available, format (book, DVD, CD), publishing date if you know it. If you have the time, tell us how you heard about it. We’ll call you when it’s in or to tell you that we can’t get it for you, usually the former.
Consider joining the Friends of the Dunbar Free Library!
Do You Enjoy Reading Magazines?
We are thrilled to share with you that we have received hundreds of new magazine titles courtesy of OverDrive in the Always Available format. Magazine checkouts do not count against your three eBook/audiobook checkouts. Checkout as many as you would like!Upcoming development from the vendor includes better organization of back issues to allow you to locate a particular issue. Until then, watch for new magazine collection development, search for a title, or ask your local librarian for assistance in finding a favorite title. This collection is provided free of charge by the vendor until next summer ( JULY 2021). If you enjoy digital magazines — especially the new issues with “Article View” formatting (in the Libby app only) — let your local librarians know! – https://nh.overdrive.com/media/5893038