LOAN & RENEWAL POLICY
Checkout Limits and Loan Periods
New bestseller books… 2 weeks
Books and audiobooks… 3 weeks
E-readers… 3 weeks
Inter-library loans… 2 weeks
Launchpads… 3 weeks
LUV (rotating collecton) videos… 1 week
Magazines – 2 most recent issues (limit 4)… 1 week
Magazines – older issues (limit 4)… 3 weeks
Movies (limit 4)… 1 week
Museum passes… varies – usually 4 days, some passes do NOT need to be returned
Puzzles and games… 3 weeks
Telescope… 1 week
Television series… 2 weeks
Wonderbooks… 3 weeks
Policy for Overdue Materials
1. The Dunbar Free Library does not charge late fees/fines for items returned beyond the
2. Patrons will be notified, if necessary, by multiple methods of overdue items. Should
a third notice of overdue item(s) be necessary and/or the item(s) is/are determined to
be lost or damaged beyond repair, the patron will be issued a bill for the item(s)
replacement cost and a $5.00 per item processing fee.
3. Borrowers will not be held responsible for material losses due to such misfortune as
fire or flood.
4. All money collected from replacement charges/processing fees will be used for the
purchase of new or replacement materials/media.
5. Borrowers with two (2) or more overdue items and no remaining renewal options
cannot check out any other library materials. In the case of Croydon student
borrowers, the limit is one (1) overdue item.
6. If necessary, in accordance of NH statute, the library may turn information about
excessive and/or egregious overdue items to the police.
Most items can be renewed 2 times, provided there is no immediate demand for the title(s).
You can renew books online, in-person, or by calling us at 603-863-2172.